This post is a summary of my most recent cleanse, done through Pressed Juicery. This was a custom cleanse (I chose to pick my own juices), and the total cost was $199 with free shipping!
Juice 1: Greens 5 – Spinace, Romaine, Fennel, Cilantro, Orange, Pineapple
- Romaine provides the “greeny” flavor in this drink, though the strength fades through the bottle. I couldn’t single out the spinach or fennel. I enjoyed the replacement of apple juices with orange as the base fruit for it seems to cut the sweetness. Slight pineapple flavor comes through with cilantro winning the day. Welcome option since I’m not a huge fan of straight up greens and like the twist on the flavors. Especially like that it has no cucumber.
Juice 2: Noon Citrus 3 – Grapefruit, Mint
- Grapefruit juices are some of my favorites across all the cleanse and juice companies, and this grapefruit and mint blend is no exception. Fresh and tangy, this juice is all grapefruit with only a slight hint of the mint. (I remember the mint heavier in the Cooler Cleanse version of the same). Heavier than the green juice from the morning, the weight and thickness make this a great selection for the middle of the day.
Juice 3: Cucumber, Celery, Lemon, Cayenne, Ginger, Watercress
- Celery wins the fight on this light green juice, with the other flavors mixed but indistinct, which might not be a bad thing as any other strong flavors could clash with the peppery taste. The cayenne builds with each sip to create a burn by the end of the bottle that might require some post-juice mouthwash. This
Juice 4: Citrus 4 – Lemon, Cayenne, Filtered Water
- PJ’s version of the master cleanse with no sweetener added. Most other companies will include agave or maple to pump up the flavor, which I adore, but this is a refreshing break from the previous (and subsequent drinks) as well. I’d recommend, however, not doing too many consecutive cayenne juices in a row. It actually almost tastes sweet without anything else, which I’ll attribute to the quality and flavor of the lemons. This is also the lightest drink of the day at 50 calories for the entire drink, although I can’t imagine where they are coming from.
Juice 5: Roots 3 – Apple, Lemon, Beet, Ginger
- More savory than expected, with ginger providing a nice herby/spicy flavor to the predominant beets. The two are the strongest flavors, with apple resonating through sweetness and lemon providing a slight tang. Very good juice, no problems at all with the taste and a good option for a ‘roots’. (seem to remember the carrot based being liquid/fruity). Sweetness does build through drinking but it doesn’t overpower. Yum.
“Juice” 6: Vanilla Almond Milk